stuff for my brain to do when there's free time to burn
"Stop Cake! I have to save him, this is all my fault!"
I wanted to put Fionna and Flame Prince in a situation similar to Finn and Flame Princess in Frost and Fire… only Flame Prince is on the losing side. (He’s not getting extinguished just yet though)
Marshall Lee / Ice Queen [x] [x] [x] [x]
Santino Fontana on auditioning for Frozen:
"So basically, all that they told me about the character was he’s super confident, perhaps overly confident, he needs to be able to sing with a "Broadway sound" and he’s really good with women, but he may have a dark side. I came into the sound studio and I was very nervous and I sang this."
A RECORDING EXISTS
YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND, THIS IS WHAT HE AUDITIONED FOR HANS WITH
who remembers the Hans is Pretty-pocalypse?
Let me get this straight, Nicki Minaj can wiggle her butt six ways till Sunday and people can call her a black feminist messiah, but when there's a weak-ass Spider-Woman variant cover that make her look like she's posing like Nicki Minaj, it suddenly NOT okay and Marvel should be ashamed??? I'm honestly, seriously confused here :/
Nicki Minaj is also a real person who makes real decisions for herself and made a video and song that celebrated her own body and her own sexuality while outright critiquing the Male Gaze through visual metaphor
Jessica Drew is not a real person and was drawn by a man in a submissive position who visually objectifies her (spandex doesn’t work on asses like that come on) and every female superhero he’s drawn. And he can’t even draw a background right.
repeat it with me now everybody: made up women drawn for gross men to jerk off to are NOT equivalent to real life women expressing their sexuality for their own benefit
BLESS THIS POST
1) Spandex has never, ever been depicted realistically in comics.
2) I don’t see how celebrating how much different men love her ass is “critiquing the male gaze.”
3) Spider-woman being in a “submissive position” is one interpretation. Sexualized perhaps, but her position was evoking a spider crawling on the ground. Not “submissive.”
4) Objectification is in the mind of the beholder. You’re going to have to present an argument for how the image by itself objectifies the character. Like, that’s a metaphysically loaded statement that SO many people just throw around like it’s nothing.
(But re: 2 —
There’s more, but you could also try, y’know, watching the video. Or read this or this or this or google it)
1. Spandex doesnt look that way on male superheroes .
2. Theres like 50 thought peices on male gaze and anaconda . To put it shortly , unlike the original baby got back, nicki isnt just a mute sexual butt object, but a woman with a big butt who can get the dudes with eiffel towers.
3. PLEASE SHOW ME A COVER WHWRE SPIDERMAN HAS EVER BEEN BENT OVER LIKE THAT TO GET UP A WALL. Please tell me when you’ve seen anatomically incorrect male superhero (outside of hyung tae kim)
4. Objectification cant be in the eye of the beholder when the beholder didnt make it. Female superheroes are purposely made sexy in times that don’t call for sexiness . Anaxonda is a song about sex and bigg butts - it makes sense for her to be sexual. The new spiderman comic is about crime fighting, radiation and life. To imply that a woman still has to be impossibly sexy in the middle of crime fighting implies that a woman’s sole purpose is to be sexy first.
This looks like the worlds most unhappy wedding.
I felt like I needed this back on my dash,
I know I just said we shouldn’t respond to trolls…but I spent some time in the comments of THE VIDEO IN QUESTION and there are a number of ladies just being totally badass and awesome, so I wanted to share.
every woman on tumblr should have this on their dash
And every man
Look how nobody’s yelling or arguing or making things into a competition. Look how this is to straight up educate people through a different perspective. Look how effective that makes the message.
everybody stop what you’re doing, its a cat cleaning a baby
"Stupid furless humans can’t take care of their kitten, I have to do everything myself."
My favourite thing is baby sitting up thinking “What the fuck is that?” Then seeing the cat, thinks “Very well, continue.”
Stupid furless humans.
Will this about cover it? This should cover it just fine, Lottie!
I just love Lottie’s adorable little jump here!!!
I love how Tiana was never too proud to accept help from friends, and the movie didn’t show this as making her any less hard working or devoted. I think that’s an important lesson.
Similarly, Lottie was always giving and loving, even though she was by all counts supposedly a spoiled brat. This is truly one of my favorite Disney friendships.